Thursday, July 06, 2006

my art therapy


I have a bad habit (according to my husband, who sees me trying to be nonchalant as I dip these things into my purse) of collecting doilies off restaurant tables...

The halos behind the heads of the two pictures on the right (both me as a child) are the doilies from under drinking cups.

On the right, I used a paper lacy one from under the plate as a stencil, and patted paint directly over it.


My car was stolen from last night, and this put me in a grumpy mood.

This watercolor page was one I did over a year ago, also while in a bad mood. Art makes me feel better. I should go take out my art journal now.

1 comment:

  1. when someone stole stuff off the studio porch, i left a little art piece where the dragonfly lamp had been as a talisman to keep future thieves away. so i understand the cathartic value of grumpy art. :)

    ReplyDelete